Monday, February 1, 2016

Christmas with the kiddos: lyndonna


The youngest of the munchkins is lyndonna.

No that's not her real name but all her siblings got cool nicknames so she gets one too. 

Lyndonna is a little tiny baby girl, only three months old. So I decided that I could just whip something up for her. I thought it would be easy.

I WAS WRONG. 

I downloaded this free pattern, myrtle the turtle.




I went digging in my fabric chest looking for anything green. All I found was a flannel flower power print fabric. And the only fabric that complimented was an old pink shirt of my moms (thanks mom)

Since it's a knit shirt and I'm pairing it with a woven I decided to interface the prices to a quilting fabric that I was never going to use. 


Look at it...mocking me....

This little sucker was so incredibly hard to sew.
My machine wouldn't sew through it...so I had to hand sew it. 
I don't have any progress photos but I have a finished picture. 



Those eyes were an after thought..



Am I incredibly proud? Not really. 

Is this a turtle for a baby who won't even notice the lumps and wrinkles? Yeah, it is. 

ce la vie~ 🐢

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate